Especially, if the QB error code holds up the installation and update procedure of vital QuickBooks tools and features.
Are you at your wit’s end trying to find the ultimate solution to resolve the QuickBooks accounting software error 12157? Then, we are 100% certain this guide is “the” thing that can help you easily fix and resolve the payroll error code in this accounting software.
Since this error code is part of the QB 12000 series of errors in the QuickBooks payroll error 12157 can be prompted by Internet connectivity problems in the Microsoft application programming interface (API) – Win32. This Microsoft API is required by the QuickBooks accounting program to seamlessly work on certain Internet protocols.
Like all other error codes in the QuickBooks accounting software, the above-mentioned payroll error is a tad bit difficult to deal with. To make the process of troubleshooting QuickBooks update error 12157, the certified accounting professionals from Accounting Assist 24 have curated this in-depth blog.
So, let’s begin the guide and bring to light the most effective solutions to resolve the QuickBooks payroll error without any difficulties!
A Brief Description Of The QuickBooks Software Error Code “12157”
You must certainly know from the introduction that the “QuickBooks accounting software error code 12157” is a member of the 12XXX series of errors. The 12XXX series of errors usually show up in the QuickBooks software because of problems with the web connectivity in your Windows OS system
These web connectivity issues are usually faced in the Microsoft API component – “Win32”. QuickBooks accounting software needs the proper functioning of the Win32 API to access the FTP, HTTP, and Gopher protocols on the Internet.
To learn the other possible causes behind the QuickBooks Error 12157, check out our next section!
Inciting Factors Of The QuickBooks Accounting Software Error Code 12157
Thousand-and-one factors can be held accountable for triggering this payroll error code in the QuickBooks accounting software. Here, we are laying you before 4 most common factors that can be the possible reasons causing the payroll error –
- Inaccurate configuration of settings of the time and date in your system.
- Other security software or internet apps running in the background while installing and setting up the downloaded QuickBooks software file.
- Restriction errors caused by a system firewall or other security programs in your PC can also bowl over the payroll update process.
- Having more than one version of the QuickBooks accounting software installed in your system can also lead to the payroll error code.
How To Spot The QuickBooks Accounting Software Error Code “12157”?
The payroll error code does not creep up silently in the QuickBooks accounting software. It announces and indicates its presence through a range of visible tell-tale signs to help users identify the error code on time.
Here are the indicators you must keep an eye on to catch the QuickBooks payroll error on time before it gets too late –
- A message with the QuickBooks payroll error code pops up on your screen abruptly and shuts down or freezes the screen window.
- You are seeing pop-up warning messages by the antivirus program or any other security software in your system.
- The screen of your PC, laptop, or MAC gets inoperative and hangs for about 2-7 seconds.
- The responses from the system to your instructions and commands are snail-like and delaying.
Effectual Solutions On How To Resolve QuickBooks Software Glitch – “Payroll Error 12157”?
We are sure by now you can understand how you are continually facing the payroll error code in the QuickBooks software. Or the signs you must look out for to identify and troubleshoot the QuickBooks payroll error code in time.
Now, we have come to the most anticipated part of our guide – “how to get rid of the nagging payroll error code in the QuickBooks software?” So, without further delay, let’s proceed to discover and learn the best troubleshooting methods to kick away the QuickBooks payroll error code 12157.
1. Fix The Misconfigured Settings Of The Internet Connection
Erroneous settings of the Internet connection may also be the culprit stopping the payroll updates of the QuickBooks software. So, you need the rectify the inaccurately enabled settings in Internet Explorer if you wish to resolve the payroll update error code.
- Run the website of the Chase Banking site to check if your Internet connection is working fine.
- If you face difficulties in accessing the Chase banking website, you need to immediately get in touch with the service provider of your Internet.
- In case you could successfully access the website of Chase Banking, then you must carry out the following steps to resolve the QuickBooks payroll error –
- Go to the Help option in the QuickBooks accounting software and then tap on the Internet Connection Setup button.
- Now, you need to enable the option of “Use My Computer’s Internet Connection” to seamlessly allow the QuickBooks software to get a connection from your Internet server.
- After you have enabled the “Use My Computer’s Internet Connection” option, tap on Next to proceed with the QuickBooks payroll error troubleshooting.
- In the next window, choose the “Advanced Connection” option and then “Restore Advanced Settings.”
- Once you are done with the above QuickBooks payroll error troubleshooting steps, click on Ok and finally on Done.
2. Insert QuickBooks Accounting Software In The Firewall’s List Of Program Exceptions
This QuickBooks payroll error troubleshooting process involves inserting the accounting program in the firewall’s list of program exceptions. After this process, you can rest assured that the system firewall will no longer restrict the QuickBooks accounting software from accessing the Internet and downloading the updates.
Here is the list of QuickBooks program files that you must enable access through the system firewall –
- “Database Server Manager File of QuickBooks software (QBDBmgrN)”
- “Installation and launch file of the QuickBooks software (QBLaunch)”
- “Server Utility Manager file of the QuickBooks software (QBServerUtilityMgr)”
- “The Messaging Program of the QuickBooks software (QBMessaging)”
- “Auto-Backup file of the QuickBooks software (QBAutoBackup)”
- “The Database Sync file of QuickBooks software (QBDbmlsync)”
- “QuickBooks software Database Manager (DBManager)”
- “File Management program of QuickBooks software (QBFileManagement)”
- “File Movement program of QuickBooks software (QBFileMovement)”
- “Sync Manager file of Intuit (QBIntuitSyncManager)”
3. Recover The Modified And Altered System Files
The next troubleshooting solution on your list to resolve the QuickBooks payroll update error 12157 is to recover the modified and altered system files. Here are the steps to restore the files and date of your system to troubleshoot the QB payroll error code –
- Open your system by inserting the correct admin credentials. Once your system starts, go to the Windows Start menu to recover system files and troubleshoot the QuickBooks payroll error.
- Now, move on to applications and programs in your system and click on the System Repair button.
- Next, re-launch a new window screen, choose the Re-install PC option, and tap on Next.
- In this step, you need to select a restore point to recover the modified files and data of your system and tap on Next.
- Now, tap on the Advanced System button to restore your files and data to the point.
- On the next confirmation window that pops up on your screen, tap the option Next to finish recovering system files and data.
4. Correct The Inaccurate Settings Of The Time And Date System
- Find and select the Clock (icon) that you will find at the bottom of the screen of your PC, laptop, or MAC.
- On the Time/Date option, you need to right-select it to correct the misconfigured settings.
We understand how annoying and tricky QuickBooks errors can be. Correctly troubleshooting the vexing error codes in QuickBooks software can be quite grueling at times. But, with the help of our detailed troubleshooting guides, you can easily get rid of the difficult QuickBooks errors in no time.
For more expert assistance regarding troubleshooting QuickBooks errors, connect with the team of Accounting Assist 24 without any hesitation. To book an appointment with our certified QuickBooks experts, call our toll-free number +1 855 738 1479, or connect with us via our website – Accounting Assist 24
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to erase multiple versions of QuickBooks software from my system?
- To delete multiple versions of QuickBooks software, start the process by going to the Control Panel.
- Now, tap on the Uninstall Program option and look for the duplicate installation file of the QuickBooks software.
- Choose the Uninstall option to remove the older version file of the QuickBooks software from your system.
2. Which error codes belong to the QB 12XXX series errors in the QuickBooks software, other than the “install and update error 12157”?
QB payroll error – “12045, 12157, 12031, 12037, and 12007”.